Who We Are
PTSA stands for Parent Teacher Student Association. The primary purpose of the PTSA is to advocate for and support our children in their school. (Bylaws)
What We Do (i.e., Where your money goes :-) )
With an annual budget of about $46,000, the LPMS PTSA is able to provide a variety of events, programs, and supports to our school including:
- Fright Night Halloween Dance and Valentine's Dance
- Basketball Night
- Coffeehouse Talent Show
- After-School Clubs
- PTSA Grant Program allocations
- Authors' Workshop
- Night of the Arts (Art show)
- Book Fair
- Financial Aid fund for needy students' field trip fees
- Student Achievement/Recognition awards
See here for more details about our annual budget.
Where the Money Comes From
Approximately 35% of our income comes from our Direct Appeal Fundraiser. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation so that we can continue to provide high-quality programs and supports.
PTSA Membership dues are our next largest source of income, followed by Spirit Wear sales. The balance comes from various sources: book fair, directory ads, ticket sales, etc.
PTSA Benefits Everyone
PTSA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. We fight for full funding, quality teachers, and capabilities for schools to thrive. Our PTSA is autonomous but supported by a national structure.
Some of PTSA’s benefits
- Leverage Volunteer Power. PTSA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready to help implement school improvement programs.
- Improve Communication. PTSA frequently coordinates dissemination of information, keeping the entire school community informed of current events, issues, and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow PTSAs to share information with members.
- See Measurable Results. More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars. LPMS PTA is self-funding. By inviting the entire school’s parent community to participate in our annual Direct Appeal fundraiser, we generate income to pay for programs. Additional fundraisers, such as the Book Fair, support school programs, building improvements, and educational events.
- Tap into Proven Programs. PTSA has access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics, to collaborating with teachers and community members, to fundraising, the programs get results.
- Boost Children’s Well-Being. PTSA focuses on what students need to be successful in their learning, including nutrition, health, school safety, physical fitness and general well-being. PTSA works with the school to ensure that children succeed.
- Enjoy Informed Parents. Involved parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
- Fulfill NCLB Obligations. Finally, PTSA helps our school fulfill the parent involvement requirement of the No Child Left Behind Act.